Monday, December 19, 2011

Bradshaw, Where You Been?

Yes, it has been a long, LONG time since I have posted a blog post on Bradshaw's Blog but I do have a very legit excuse for my absence. In mid-November I was involved in a car accident (I was a pedestrian) and was struck crossing the road at the corner. I spent 2 weeks in the ICU of two hospitals suffering from what was described as a fractured skull, a brain injury along with cracked vertebrae, plus the loss of about 10% of my body weight. I am still no where's near recovered although I was released after a lengthy hospital stay (luckily with cute nurses). Although I will likely be unable to return to work for the foreseeable future I am able to watch Youtube videos and zip around the Internet. It is difficult doing too much as it seems I still suffer from a moderately severe concussion and become exhausted with any amount of activity. I thought I should write something here to let those who do read this blog know that I have not abandoned it and will continue posting regularly. There are obviously some lingering effects that I will have to deal with which I hope will not become any kind of permanent limitations - I do have a surprisingly strong discipline and I am determined to get past this. Still, this could have been ever more severe than it has been. Having the effects of a concussion (among other ailments) is difficult to deal with - just ask Sidney Crosby. I had considered doing a P4A video about my condition but found it much too difficult to do at this time. Perhaps I will be able to film and post it in the new year. I do appreciate you spending the time to read this and hope to have more Youtube news and videos posted shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. This is terrible. I hope you get better soon. I'd love to see your P4A video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andi. I am sure I will post a video about my accident (hopefully in January 2012).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...