Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Time Traveler" In Charlie Chaplin's The Circus?

I just watched this like everyone else and I can't make heads or tails out of it. The guy who posted it to Youtube is George Clarke of Yellow Fever Productions and it is cool. But more importantly, what do you think?



I watched it with a certain amount of scepticism, fully expecting it to be totally fake and that I would be able to pull apart any of his arguements, but I can't. I haven't seen the clip in the context of DVD so I can't say if it even includes the said clip. There is the option of buying the set of DVDs but I probably won't. Is it a time traveler? Who can say. Maybe Stephen Hawking or another great brain could offer an opinion (and if Hawking is reading this and contemplating a comment, "Hi Steve!").

The clip seems to be from Charlie Chaplin's 1928 film called "The Circus" which I don't think I've seen. I thought that I had seen just about everything from Chaplin when I was a kid, but the guy did make so many movies back in the day that I may have missed this particular one.

This is really odd footage and seems to be legit, but being no film expert myself, I cannot say for sure. All I could think of when watching it is the show The Fringe with "The Observer" who appears at different times and places at times of monumental consequence. I dunno if a Charlie Chaplin movie premiere would qualify, but who knows.

This is a film clip that will likely be disected in the same way they did with that "alien autopsy" footage several years back.

Do you think it is a man or an old woman? Is it an iPhone (did you make out an apple logo? lol). Or is it just an old loon holding something like a mirror talking to the man who passed before her?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...