Friday, July 9, 2010

Lady Gaga Big Eye Look & Michelle Phan Stirs Controversy



Yeah, I've heard about this too. The Lady Gaga big eyes look is supposedly a hot trend. Personally I don't think it is a very "hot/sexy" look and probably girls are doing it because it is such a unique style. Lady Gaga sported this look in her video Bad Romance and for whatever reason, teens seems to think of Lady Gaga as some sort of a good role model. Personally, I don't think much of Lady Gaga and find her music boring and her "style" as derivative of Madonna and others. She just seems to be trying to be shocking for shock sake alone and that has been done to death.

The Michelle Phan video that Cenk and the others from TheYoungTurks are talking about is below. Michelle is one of the most subscribed Youtubers and many of her videos are very slickly made.

I can't really watch too many of them because I'm a dude and feel like I'm creepily encroaching into a world I do not belong when watching them. Makeup is incredibly boring to straight guys, but as an avid youtuber myself, I have sat through some of Michelle's videos, but they are not for me. Maybe the girls love this stuff, but I need to cleanse my visual palette after watching one of these makeup tutorials by going to a video game channel and watching the latest smash ups and warefare games lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...