Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How To Talk To People You Don't Know: DeniseVlogs



Just about everyone has had this problem. Actually crossing a room and striking up a conversation with someone they don't know. It could be a pretty girl (like DeniseVlogs) or someone who you just don't know, but would like a chance to talk with. Denise mentions that when she returned from a YouTube gathering a bunch of people told her that they hadn't approached her. She points out that there is no reason why you should feel uncomfortable about walking up to her or others just to say hi.

Myself, like just about every other person on the planet, I have had problems with this. I think that if I were to be at an event and I saw that Denise, or my secret Internet girlfriend ijustine was there, I would be so intimidated to speak with them. I would be hanging back and our eyes would meet and there it is. Do you go up immediately? (YES!) or continue hanging back trying not to stare as the other person starts getting all uncomfortable and start thinking "oh no, S-T-A-L-K-E-R alert."

My thoughts are to just say hi and that you like their videos etc. Don't expect a lifelong friendship to develop just from this chance meeting. From what I've seen, just about all Youtubers seem to be genuinely nice people (with the exception of that shaycarl guy, whadda prima donna - kidding, kidding). Actually Shay and his family seem entirely great and friendly people and you can see that when he talks to strangers in his vids.

Denise also seems like a very nice person. I've been subbed to her for quite a while now and always give her a thumbs up. I just wish she could get more clips uploaded weekly. But that's just me. I think I first spotted her in a shaycarl video where she dropped in unexpectedly on Shay. Actually, here's that video:



And she was visiting the Shaytards in one of their videos when they still lived in California, but I can't find that one.

Still, if you have a chance to go to a YouTube gathering or are lucky enough to spot a Youtuber you recognize, do what Denise says and take the chance to say hello. You'll probably find that they are really cool folks. Unless you get tasered like me when I aproached smosh, but I can't really talk about that because of the court order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...